Sunday 24 October 2010

Covent Garden Magic

To New Covent Garden on Wednesday, for the Christmas Preview event. I should definitely have set off earlier, given the state of the Finchley Road, but I digress.  I did get there in time for the demonstrations by Judith Blacklock and the fabulously entertaining Ercole Moroni.
Judith created several designs at lightning speed, including this modern twist on the Christmas table decoration.
Ercole went for Christmas bling (well, when else can you truly go for it?) with a side order of ...bling, but it was truly fantastic.

This one was an advent calendar design with something different, divine and diamante in each box.  For a picture of the covers for the boxes, all made with different natural materials, have a look on the Covent Garden website and the pictures of the event.


Other designers demonstrating at the event were Zita Elze and Wild About Flowers, who produced gorgeous and distinctly different designs. Here's Zita's in soft and subtle tones -

The lovely guys from Wild About Flowers did a zingy red and purple table design, the colours of which featured in the workshop I attended with them.

All in all, an inspirational and fun morning; I still get a thrill walking into that market, it has to be one of the best in the world.  To view the (dried) fruits of my labour in the workshop, have a look at my Flickr page.  Here's a couple more of Ercole's creations, totally gorgeous.......
Glad I don't have to empty those vases.....

1 comment:

  1. This event looks worthwhile enough to battle a traffic jam. I like Judith's and Zita's arrangement the best. I'm glad I don't have to wash Ercole's glass vases too.

    ReplyDelete