Saturday 24 September 2011

New York, New York

So good they named it twice.

Everything done just a bit differently, from breakfast (two eggs any style, bacon and home fries) to flowers (out there on the street).  My first visit to what they call the flower market, on West 28th, between 7th and 8th.  What joy.
There were massed hydrangeas, huge bundles of foliage and some stuff I just couldn't identify...
but all of it really cool.  Fabulous sundries shops too - this one is Jamali.

I'm not usually a fan of silk flowers but a visit to Pany silk flowers emporium changed all that.
I had a fantastic time, but managed to restrain myself from buying anything or shipping vast quantities back to London.  I still love Covent Garden and Enfield, but sometimes it's nice to take a vacation.

Hope you've had great holidays this year too.
Sue
xx

1 comment:

  1. The New York flower market is a slice of heaven, as is Covent Garden and the San Francisco Flower Mart. I would love to show you around here in SF.

    ReplyDelete